Baratza Encore ESP
Baratza's new, espresso-optimized coffee grinder re-engineers an industry classic to make high-resolution grinding simple, repeatable, and approachable.
It's another way Baratza is making specialty coffee accessible for all.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD-WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and tops the list of review sites like Wirecutter.
- DUAL-RANGE ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM - This innovative multi-purpose adjustment mechanism features micro-steps from #1-20 for high resolution espresso grinding, and macro-steps from #21-40 suitable for filter brewing methods.
- USER FRIENDLY - Fresh coffee is as simple as a single-handed hopper twist for grind size adjustment, then a push of the front-mounted pulse button, or a turn of the ON/OFF switch.
- QUICK-RELEASE BURR - The burr mounting system has been redesigned to allow for quick removal without taking the entire grinder apart. That means it’s easier than ever to clean and maintain the Encore ESP without the need for extra tools.
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Engineered with 40mm hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore ESP is backed by Baratza’s world class support and warranty.
- Grind for espresso from setting #1-20, with high-resolution micro steps that make dialing-in espresso a breeze.
- From setting #21-40, macro steps increase grind size quickly for grind quality suitable for filter/immersion brew methods.
- Grinding into the included 54mm anti-static Dosing Cup (and 58mm adapter) allow for clean distribution of grounds in most portafilters. Includes a dosing cup tray for ideal distance from grounds chute to reduce chaff.
- Graphics and outer shell have been updated
- The hopper, burr holder, and cone burr can be removed without additional tools for easy cleanup and maintenance.
Manufactured in Europe, the Encore ESP’s 40mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burr grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years.
The Encore ESP utilizes a simple and efficient direct drive gear reduction transmission to move power from the DC motor to the rotating cone burr. A thermal overload cutout protects the motor from overheating due to excessive use - remember, these grinders are designed to grind a dose at a time for home use!
A new anti-static dosing cup comes included with the Encore ESP to simplify the espresso preparation workflow. Dose directly into the portafilter for a level bed ready to tamp! Fits 54mm baskets, or 58mm baskets with the included adapter.
To maximize freshness, the Encore ESP minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
BREWING METHODS The Encore ESP is a great grinder for espresso and manual brewing.
A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly
resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is
equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
The Encore ESP has an easy on-off switch
Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- Speed To Grind 1.5 g/sec — 2.4 g/sec
- Burrs 40 mm conical M2 burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity 230g
- Bin Capacity Grounds Bin: 142 g, Dosing Cup: 24g
- Weight 3.1 kg (7 lbs)
- Dimensions L/H/D (cm) 12 / 35 / 16
- Power Rating 100-120VAC 50/60 Hz, 70W 0,8 A 220-240VAC 50/60 Hz, 80W,
0,5 A classe II
- Safety Listing UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Certifications CB, ETL, cETL
- Designed & Engineered Seattle, WA
- Manufactured & Assembled Taiwan
- Burr Manufacturing Eztinger in Liechtenstein